IRA - Interstate Racing Association Outlaw Sprints
The Interstate Racing Association commonly known as the Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Series is a regional winged/410 Outlaw Sprint Car sanctioning body. IRA was founded in the mid 1960's and competed in their early years as winged Super Modifieds. The term Interstate Racing Association came from the fact that the racers hailed from southeast Wisconsin and Northern Illinois and the fact the tracks they competed at, such as Wilmot and the Waukegan Speedway were just over the border from each other off the I-94 corridor.
The group eventually converted to Sprint Cars in the mid 70's. Wilmot Speedway was the home of Saturday night Sprint Car racing for many a year. Car counts were huge! In 1993, the IRA chose to hit the road with more frequency and competed at several other venues and ventured far. IRA became a full blown regional traveling series. The IRA is one of the country's premier regional 410 sanctions.
IRA - Interstate Racing Association Outlaw Sprints - upcoming races
- Sat, Apr 6 - 34 Raceway in Burlington, Iowa, USA - Races
- Sat, Apr 20 - Beaver Dam Raceway in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, USA - Wipperfurth Memorial
- Sat, May 4 - Wilmot Raceway in Burlington, Wisconsin, USA - Races
IRA - Interstate Racing Association Outlaw Sprints - tracks
- Plymouth Dirt Track in Plymouth, Wisconsin USA
- Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minnesota USA
- Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa USA
- Gondik Law Speedway in Superior, Wisconsin USA
- Fairbury American Legion Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois USA